Submission Guidelines for BMessays 2022
Theme and Contest Categories
The overarching theme for this year's contest is health equity in Canada which will be answered by students through the form of an expository essay. Please go to the landing page for the BMessays Contest for more details.
How to Submit a Paper
1. All contestants must create an account on Scholarship@Western using their @uwo email address.
2. Only one submission is accepted per author.
3. When ready to submit, complete the submission form. The form must be filled out as follows:
- Input the title of your work
- Include your full name
- Choose the category of the submission (described under "Document Type")
- Select a Creative Commons License. Please see the "Rights and Permissions" heading on the policies page for more information.
- Include any notes for the judges. Anything under notes will not be evaluated as part of your submission. Information included under this section should only be for guiding the judges with any anomalies in your submission. This section can be left blank
- Upload the file for your submission. Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
Overview of the Process for Selecting the Winners
After you submit your paper before the deadline on April 8 at 11:59 p.m., our student judges will begin the first round of judging.
The three winners for BMessays will be chosen in late April (specific date TBD upon reviewing the number of submissions) and the prizes will be awarded at an event TBD.