SPECIFICATIONS FOR MANUSCRIPTSAll material submitted for publication MUST conform to the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2009) available from the Order Department, American Psychological Association, PO Box 92984, Washington, DC, USA 20090-2984.
All material submitted to EEI that does not adhere to the APA guidelines will NOT be considered for publication, and will be sent back to the author(s). If this occurs, the author(s) will be expected to address all APA errors and resubmit.
- A running head with a maximum of 50 characters (includes letters, punctuation and spaces) should be included at the top of the manuscript.
- A header using the first two or three words of the manuscript should be included in the upper right hand corner, five spaces from the page number.
- Title of manuscript should be centred on the page. Please remove all names and identifying information from the title page.
ABSTRACTAll manuscripts should include an abstract of 150-250 words.
FORMATManuscripts should be typed in 12-point font (Times New Roman) and must be double spaced throughout with 1-inch (2.54 cm) margins on all sides. Two spaces should follow punctuation (see APA manual, 6th ed.). Manuscripts typically should not exceed 30 pages including quotations, references, tables, figures, and appendices.
Subheadings (using levels outlined in the APA manual) should be used at reasonable intervals to enhance readability of lengthy texts. Pages should be numbered consecutively and all figures must be camera-ready.
TABLESTables should be created using the Table function in Microsoft Word. Tables created using tabs will be sent back to the author for formatting revisions.
REFERENCESPlease ensure that all citations included in the body of the manuscript are included in the reference section. All references should be listed alphabetically (refer to APA manual for specifics). Electronic sources should include a DOI (see APA manual, 6th ed. for examples).
AUTHOR IDENTIFICATIONThe complete title of the article and the names of the author(s) should be typed on a separate sheet or in the cover letter to assure anonymity in the review process. The first-named author or the co-author who will be handling correspondence with the editor, clearing galley proofs, and working with the EEI Publications Department should submit a complete address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
It is the responsibility of the author(s) to remove all identifying information from the submitted manuscript.
SUBMISSION PREPARATION CHECKLISTAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format (.doc or .docx).
- When available, the DOIs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The text is double-spaced; two spaces after punctuation; uses a 12-point font (Times New Roman); employs italics, rather than underlining; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the END of the document, with "place table about here" instructions within the text at appropriate points.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, remove all identifying features of the author(s).