The Western Research Forum 2019 will take place on Friday, March 22, 2019.
Applicants will be required to indicate their preferred format(s) for presenting their abstract. The presentation options are (can choose more than one):1) 5-minute oral presentation: These presentations will be 5 minutes long with no time for questions. Applicants accepted for this type of presentation will also be given the option to present a poster on their abstract during the poster session. 2) 12-minute oral presentation (keynote): These presentations will be 12 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions. Applicants accepted for these spaces will not be given the option to present a poster during the poster session.
3) Poster: Presenters will be asked to be available to answer questions during a dedicated poster viewing time.
4) Poster and 1-minute lightning talk: Presenters will be asked to be available to answer questions during a dedicated poster viewing time, and will be given 1 minute and 1 slide to present their research prior to the poster presentations presentations.
Other important information:
- Abstracts at any stage of research (proposals, interim, or completed studies) may be submitted.
- Each author may only submit one abstract as the first author, but may be listed as a co-author on an unlimited number of abstracts.
- There is a 250 word limit for abstracts (excluding title and headings).
- Abstracts are not required to include headings. However, if you would like to include them, the following headings (if applicable) are an example of how you may want to organize your abstract: Background, Hypothesis, Methods, Results, Discussion.
- Proper spelling and grammar are required.
- Figures, tables and pictures are not permitted in the abstract, but may be included as supplemental information during the submission process.
The deadline to submit an abstract has been extended to January 25, 2019. To submit an abstract, go to “Author Corner” on the sidebar menu and select “Submit Abstract”. To create a Scholarship@Western account, please click HERE and select "Sign up".
All abstracts will undergo a blind, peer-reviewed process. Spaces are limited, but all accepted abstracts will at least be given the option of presenting a poster. Authors will be notified of their abstract acceptance/rejection by early February, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact email@example.com