The Western Undergraduate Research Journal: Health and Natural Sciences (WURJHNS) started in 2009. It is a student-run open access, peer- and Faculty-reviewed online journal that publishes a variety of articles, including research articles, mini-review articles, Students in the Field reports, briefing notes, short communications, and Letters to the Editor.
Call for Papers
WURJHNS is now accepting submissions in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Health Sciences, Medical Sciences, and related subject areas. Submission of quality papers for review is strongly encouraged. Interested authors should read the submission guidelines first. All articles judged suitable for consideration will be reviewed in a double blinded process by the WURJHNS editorial review board. The journal accepts articles on a rolling submissions basis and thus will accept submissions at any time throughout the year. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to keep updated with us throughout the year, please join our mailing list.
Like us on Facebook:
Current Issue: Volume 8, Issue 1 (2017)
Plant Warfare: Allelopathic Effects of Nicotiana tabacum on the Germination of Vigna radiata and Triticum aestivum
Jason M. Baek, Olivia J. Kawecki, Krishawn D. Lubin, Jialin Song, Olivia A. Wiens, and Fiona Wu
Time-Restricted Eating In Women - A Pilot Study
Siobhan T. Smith, Jordan C. LeSarge, and Peter W.R. Lemon
2017/2018 WURJHNS Team
- Editors-in-Chief Andrew Wang Diana Varyvoda
- Managing Editor Emerald Liang
- Associate Editors Anastasiya Vinokurtseva Violet Liu
- Editorial Review Board Daniel Cao Danielle Romanchik Dika Ojiakor Jonathan Zhao Mathushan Subasri Youngkyung Jung
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Coordinators Kathleen Qu Reza Naqvi
- Members Anthony Li Dana Nguyen Shengjie Ying Wilson Ho
- Production Managers Edward Ho Kevin Zhou
- Graphic Designer Joselia Carlos
- Outreach Coordinator Neetin Prabhu