Policies for Eighteenth-Century French World
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Eighteenth-Century French World provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission RulesProcess
- Submissions are welcome at any time.
- ECFW welcomes submissions in the following categories:
- Research papers – 12 to 20 pages presenting original results of qualitative or quantitative research.
- Research notes – 1,000 to 1,500 words presenting early findings or methodological innovations of ongoing research projects.
- Calls for collaboration – literature supported papers of 1,000-1,500 words outlining research questions of substantial national interest and inviting collaboration.
- Other submissions – the journal encourages innovation and creativity in forms of publication and will entertain proposals for other types of papers from authors.
- Only previously unpublished manuscripts not under review by any other journal will be considered by ECFW.
- Submissions are to be in English or French
- Submissions MUST BE in MLA short notes (parenthetical notes in the text-except for comments as footnotes) and bibliography, format Word.
- The font is to be 12 point Times New Roman, double spaced with left justification.
- The margins – top and bottom, left and right – are to be 1 inch.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not appear in the original submission of the manuscript, except on the title page.
- If a submission contains tables, graphs or figures they should be included in the manuscript where they should appear in a published version.
Manuscripts that the editors decide meet the basic expectations of the journal will be read by at least three reviewers. ECFW is committed to a three months turn-around time for the review of manuscripts. The reviewers are asked to ensure that the manuscript meets the following criteria:
- Is relevant to the scholarship;
- Presents original ideas or results supported by evidence and argument;
Authors, whose work is accepted for publication in ECFW, retain all copyright in their work. Prior to publication, authors will grant ECFW written permission in perpetuity, on a non-exclusive basis, to publish their work in written, electronic, and any other formats and to make it available on academic databases, indexes, and directories. Authors may publish their works, which were initially published in ECFW, in other contexts, so long as any subsequent publications note the prior publication of the work in Eighteenth-Century French World. Any subsequent publication of the article by the author will not affect the publishing of the work by ECFW.
An author contributing an article to ECFW may reference the work of other authors in an article. This may require the contributing author to obtain the consent of such other authors. It is the sole responsibility of the contributing author to obtain any consent necessary.
In order for an author’s work to be published in ECFW, the author must enter into a formal license agreement with ECFW.
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). In addition, by submitting material to ECFW, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at ECFW. If you have concerns about the submission terms for ECFW, please contact the .